We are fortunate enough to have the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Lake Tahoe right here in our own backyard. Why not take full advantage of our beautiful hiking trails and combine it with yoga? Join us for a unique experience of integrating the cardio workout of hiking with the beauty and power of yoga.
Trail Yoga Dates 2017:
April 8th, May 13th, June 10th, July 8th, Aug 12th & Sept 9th
Saturday mornings 7:30 - 9:30am
Join us on the 2nd Saturday of each month from April - September 2017 for Trail Yoga. This nature class takes us into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains right here in our own backyard. We will hike anywhere from 3 to 5 miles and have stations of yoga and meditation along the route. This class runs from 7:30 am - 9:30 am and there is no need to pack a mat. Just wear comfortable clothing and some good trail shoes. The journey of hiking, yoga and meditation in nature will leave you refreshed and with a sense of delight to be alive.
Trail Yoga FAQ’s
- What to expect: You can expect to hike somewhere between 3-5 miles, with an hour of yoga woven throughout the entire hike.
- Where/when will we meet? Participants will meet the instructor at the trail head of each location by 7:30 am.
- Do I need a yoga mat? No, we do not use mats during trail yoga.
- Do I need a backpack? We suggest a fanny pack to hold your personal belongings and water.
- Will there be water and restrooms available? Unless our destination is a State Park, public restrooms and water fountains will not be available. It is highly recommended that you bring plenty of water with you and be prepared to be one with nature. ;)
Who needs a yoga mat? Climb up on a stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and experience yoga in a whole new way. Practicing yoga on a SUP builds endurance, balance, full body strength and coordination. It will not only require your full attention and heighten your level of awareness, but it may even tap into your sense of playfulness and humor. So pack your smile along with some sunscreen and a towel and come join us for yoga on the water!
Yoga Sol will NOT be able to offer SUP YOGA for the 2017 Summer Season. This cancellation is due to an injury in Jenn's shoulder which will keep her off the boards this summer. Trust us...we are really saddened and super bummed with the cancellation of this adventure and offering here at Yoga Sol. Have a great summer and get out in nature to play!